A radio program of the European Institute of Jewish Music hosted by Avner Azoulay
LE FESTIVAL ORIENTAL – February 17, 2020, RADIO J (94.8), 15h35 and 16H05
Broadcasts 74 and 75
Broadcasted every Monday on Radio J (94.8 FM), « The Oriental festival » is a radio program from the European Institute of Jewish Music entirely dedicated to Eastern Music.
Avner Azoulay is a radio host and producer on FM since 2002. Trained to Eastern music by his father Maurice Azoulay, radio host of the show ” La fête orientale ” on Judaïques FM, Avner Azoulay works since March 2018 at the European Institute of Jewish Music. As part of a partnership with Radio J, he hosts in February 2019 the show « The Oriental festival » created by Maurice Elfassi on Radio J.
Titles of the songs broadcasted
1st broadcast (15h35) :
- Emile Zrihen – Eli Eli Shema Koli (Traditional Moroccan Piyut)
- Maurice El Medioni – Oran Oran (French-Arab song)
- Dany Loy’s et son orchestre – Inta Omri (Egyptian classic)
- Haim Moshe – Linda Linda (Israeli Variety)
2nd broadcast (16h05) :
- Ouriel Elbilia – Yodoukha Raayonaye (Traditional Moroccan Piyut)
- Lili Boniche – Il n’y a qu’un seul D… (French-Arab song)
- Abdel ‘Halim ‘Hafez – Gana El Awa (Egyptian folk)