A radio program of the European Institute of Jewish Music hosted by Avner Azoulay
LE FESTIVAL ORIENTAL – January 27, 2020, RADIO J (94.8), 15h35 and 16H05
Broadcasts 68 and 69
Broadcasted every Monday on Radio J (94.8 FM), « The Oriental festival » is a radio program from the European Institute of Jewish Music entirely dedicated to Eastern Music.
Avner Azoulay is a radio host and producer on FM since 2002. Trained to Eastern music by his father Maurice Azoulay, radio host of the show La fête orientale on Judaïques FM, Avner Azoulay works since March 2018 at the European Institute of Jewish Music. As part of a partnership with Radio J, he hosts in February 2019 the show The Oriental Festival created by Maurice Elfassi on Radio J.
Titles of the songs broadcasted
1st broadcast (3:35 p.m.):
- Yehonathan ‘Houta – Yaalam Shabani (Traditional Moroccan piyut)
- Pinhas Cohen – Sidrik Ala Sidri (Moroccan classic)
- Le Petit Michel (Michel Perez) – Ya Bellaredj (Algerian classic)
- Shimi Ron – Salha (Tunisian classic)
- Sharif – Habibi Ya Nour Ein (Egyptian variety)
2nd broadcast (4:05 p.m.):
- Youval Taieb – Sammah’ (Traditional Yerushalmi piyut)
- Esther Dallal – La Mamma in Arabic
- Lahakat Sftayim – Bine El Barah’ Oueliyoum (Moroccan classic)