Events organized for this celebration
During March 2017, 4 concerts performed by the Orchestra of the Campus of Orsay, in partnership with the EIJM, will put in light works from Fernand Halphen, alongside with works from Gabriel Fauré (from whom he was a student) and of Camille Saint-Saëns.
On the program :
– the symphony in ut minor by Fernand Halphen, which hasn’t been performed since 1930,
– the concerto n°3 for violin by Saint-Saëns with a Gabriel Tchalik on the violin,
– overture of “Masques et Bergamasques” by Fauré.
- Saturday March 11th at 20h30 in grand amphithéâtre du campus d’Orsay
- Sunday March 12th at 16h30 in Antony salle Vasarely
- Friday March 17th in Cercle des armées (private concert )
- Sunday March 19th at 17h in Ville d’Avray in Saint Nicolas – Saint Marc church (place Charles de Gaulle).
A collective book to be published
A collective work entitled Du salon au front : Fernand Halphen (1872-1917), compositeur, mécène et chef de musique militaire, under the direction of Laure Schnapper, with the collaboration of Pierre-André Meyer- Préface by Hervé Roten, will be published in April 2017 for the centennila of this composer and patron, killed for France.
Release of a new CD in the « Classics » collection by the EIJM Publishing House
At the end of 2017, a new CD in the Classics collection will be released, including in particular the symphony in ut minor by Fernand Halphen.
Read Fernand Halphen’s biography
Search sheet music, CD’s and books about Fernand Halphen on our online shop
Listen to the radio show on Fernand Halphen (in French)